SmartMoney

Sports

How 3SC loses N5 billion annually – Fayose

Isaac Fayose

Isaac Fayose

Shooting Star Sports Club of Ibadan (3SC) loses not less than five billion naira annually by under-estimating the prospect in merchandise, Mr Isaac Fayose, businessman said.

Fayose told newsmen in Ibadan on Sunday that foreign football clubs attained their huge financial base from the exploration of merchandise which 3SC had failed to explore.

“We patronise Arsenal, Manchester United tee-shirts, bags, jerseys etc. I don’t think I have ever come across such bearing 3SC.

“3SC is supposed to be making nothing less than five billion naira annually if effectively and efficiently done,’’ he said.

The younger brother of Gov. Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State said that the club would only grow outside of government control, noting that foreign clubs were run by investors and supporters.

READ ALSO  Learn to accept defeat - Saraki tells football administrators

He said that he had in 2004 proposed to buy 51 per cent stake in 3SC but was summoned to the late Chief Lamidi Adedibu’s house where he was asked to jettison the idea.

Fayose said that 3SC was a big club in the continent and was not expected to be where it is today.

“A friend and 3SC fan in Turkey had also signified interest in taking over the ownership of the club in the past but some people said it was Ibadan property,’’ he said.

READ ALSO  How Gambia national goalkeeper died crossing Mediterranean to Italy

He said that he had in the past through his security outfit, ANIS, signed a deal with 3SC on ticket sales and security, adding that this lasted just a year.

Fayose said that he made 40 per cent of sales of the ticket at the gate during the time of the contract while 3SC made the remaining 60 per cent.

“Then, I brought CCTV cameras, security dogs and other security gadgets to the stadium.

“ We left after a year due to constant fight between my outfit and supporters who never wanted to pay,’’ he said.

READ ALSO  Super Eagles beat Akwa United FC in friendly match

He blamed the poor financial base of the club on 3SC management, whom he said always, bring into the stadium several people without payment.

Fayose also called on the referees to always be fair in their officiating while the League Management Committee should be more committed to moving the league to greater heights.

Fayose is the owner of ANIS Security Outfit, ALIBI TV, ALIBI Radio as well as ALIBI club and lounge in Ibadan, Lagos and Abuja.

Comments

Most Popular

To Top